Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mission Meetings...

One of my responsibilities on the field is participating on the Bolivia WGM board as "first member at-large". Don't really know what that means...but it incorporates my involvement in board meetings and then helping out at field events.

I attended a board meeting on Friday, before making it back out to the Learning Center to meet with a few students. After school, I helped to set up for our staff meeting to be held the next day. Then I went to the gym to cheer for our Varsity Boy's basketball team as they won their semi-final game. Finals will be held on Tuesday, May 22.

Twice a year, we have a day-long conference/meeting called "Mini-Staff" which includes all WGM-Bolivia missionaries. I helped the Assistant Director, Rick Lampen and his wife Lori, with some of the logistics for our April 19 time together. It was a great time together, including teaching from former missionary and current university professor, Ron Stansel. His sharing on cultural issues and the impact it has on ministry was enlightening.

No comments: