Thursday, November 15, 2007

the camera's in the trunk!!!

I had a great time visiting with Dan and Jim. They seem to be doing well at Wheaton and it was just good to catch up.

I then had safe travels and great visits in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Former missionaries to Bolivia, Annette Wood and David Moyer, live in Madison Wisconsin, so it was fun to catch up and share old stories during those visits.

I then stopped in to Ohio and did laundry. The next day, I was on the road again to Virginia.

I spent two days in Chesapeake visiting with Dan and Carla Hardesty, former missionaries in Bolivia. I spoke at their church and enjoyed a time sharing with their youth group as well.

After leaving Virginia, I met up with former student, Jeremy Childers and his wife, Monica. We enjoyed dinner together and I got to practice my rusty Spanish.

The next day, I headed for Georgia for time with Brian and Sally Shelton. Our visit was fun and relaxing too.

The next day, it was back to the pavement for the drive back up to Ohio. I can honestly say it was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever had...the Fall colors were in full bloom all the way home.

This last Sunday, I spoke at a youth group and was able to challenge them to Embrace God's Vision for their own lives. It was a fun group of about 100, and it felt good to be back with youth in ministry.

Over the last few weeks, I also read "Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy. It was a great encouragement to me and gave me plenty to reflect on. I would recommend it.

Oh, I'll try to remember the camera's in the trunk on my next trip...sorry!!!

No comments: