Sunday, August 17, 2008

Youth Group Fun...

On Friday, we had our first official youth group with the high school students of SCCLC with 50 young people in attendance. They came over to my place for lunch (since they only had a half-day of classes) and then after eating, we headed to the bowling alley to hang out and try our best to get some decent scores.
On Monday, I had the senior class over and it was a great time of catching up after a summer apart and talking about the year to come.

Tomorrow, Monday the 18th, we'll have our first high school Bible study. Those will then continue each Monday evening. We'll be working through a series based on the books by Max Lucado, It's Not About Me. Tomorrow's session is Bumping Life Off Self-Center.

Finally, I've also begun meeting with several young men at different times for accountability. I think there will be about 5-7 different ones that I'll have time with on a weekly basis.

No comments: