Monday, September 8, 2008

Senior Retreat 2008-09...

Over the weekend, I had the privilege of leading a retreat for the Class of 2009. Liz Morriss, their sponsor, and I took the entire class of 21 students to a nearby "farm" owned by a friend. (Jon Birkey, intern for this semester, also helped me a ton with preperation and running the weekend away.) We spent the weekend challenging them in leadership; tackling the tough issues of coming transition and "leaving right; team building initiatives; and just spending time as a class. The weather was unseasonally cold, but everyone seemed to have a great time together.
Team building initiatives...Some "down time" filled with games and even horseback riding...
Please continue to pray with me that the seniors will have an awesome year together as they close out their SCCLC "career". Also pray with me for their spiritual health and their influence and leadership to the student body of SCCLC. We have such a dynamic and vibrant group! The weekend away was memorable and fun, but I also pray it was a challenge that each of them will grab on to the possibilities that God will enable in their lives!

No comments: