Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kenya, East Africa - May 4 - Tenwek Hospital, Motor-cross and Traveling Home to Ohio

After my time at the Baby Centre in Nakuru, Kenya, I had the great privilege to travel to a small village outside of Bomet, Kenya where Tenwek Hospital is located. The hospital is well-known throughout Kenya and has been a vital ministry outreach World Gospel Mission has been heavily involved in for decades.
While there, I was able to visit with the WGM missionary doctors and their families, spend time with several of the MKs and see the hospital's outreach first hand. A 'new' WGM family had only been in Kenya for a week, so we spent some time together going over the transition and how their kids were doing through it all.

What a blessing to witness this ministry first hand after hearing about the hospital since I was a young boy!
One special treat while visiting at Tenwek was riding motorcycles with one of the MKs throughout the nearby countryside. I used to own a bike similar to these in Bolivia, so it was fun to get out for a while again.
Although this photo really can't depict much of what we could see,
we went up on a neighboring hill overlooking the valley 
where Tenwek is located. A truly beautiful country!
On Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5, I traveled back the US and actually arrived 30 minutes early into Columbus on Sunday evening. I arrived just in time to join my family for dinner celebrating my nephew's 7th birthday.

My time in in Uganda and Kenya went really well. It was a great privilege to be a part of those ministries for a few weeks and am thankful for the incredible staff and youth who serve in both countries!

No comments: