Friday, May 3, 2013

Kenya, East Africa - April 30 - Baby Centre & Nakuru Game Park

After leaving Rift Valley Academy, I traveled to Nakuru where several missionaries serve. While there, I visited the Baby Centre where 2 of our missionary families serve. The Centre seeks to find homes for children who have been orphaned. There are currently just under 60 children in the home and 11 have already been adopted this year.
Also, while in Nakuru, I had the privilege to visit the Nakuru Game Park. There were many animals to see and although I didn't get to see a Hippopotamus  I saw most every other animal in the park where the they can roam free.
A couple of zebras trying to hide...
 Leopard just hanging out...
 Rhinos in the distance...
  Thompson Gazelle...
The true Impalas...
Black-backed Jackal...
 Young Giraffe siblings...
 Mother and child monkeys...
 Red-headed lizard... 
Lioness basking in the sun...
 and a Lion (plus 4 cubs) resting in the bushes.
We had a great time in the Game Park and I do appreciate the animals cooperating during my visit!

No comments: