Thursday, April 25, 2013

Uganda, East Africa - April 25

It's been a great week here in Kampala. On Monday, I was able to hang out at Heritage International School with the students and then help out after classes with their volleyball practice. Then Wednesday afternoon, I attended their first scrimmage game where they asked me to fill in as referee. Not my calling, but it was fun.



Wednesday morning, I spoke for the junior high and high school chapels and then was able to fellowship with the students during their lunch break.

Each evening, I've been spending time with the different families working here in Kampala. Tonight (Thursday), we have an all mission dinner to celebrate the ministries of 2 missionary families preparing to leave for their Homeland Ministry Assignments in the States.

This morning I met with Annabel, the school director, and she picked my brain about 'cross-cultural transition' and how they can continue to build that ministry to the students and their families.

Tomorrow will be my last day in Kampala and I'll spend some time at Heritage helping out. In the evening I'll be involved in the first part of a youth all-nighter. Josh Hallahan, the youth leader, asked me to head up group activities. I won't be staying the entire evening as I'll need to get some rest before my early morning departure to Nairobi, Kenya.

No comments: